Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Router Update

In case anyone is actually interested in reading about my new cooling system on my router I thought I’d post an update.

It’s been running for a couple days now and things seem to have improved.  The stability of my wired connections has improved quite a bit.  I used to have significant hiccups when browsing or watching Netflix and while things are definitely a bit herky-jerky they don’t cause timeouts all the time like they used to.

Also, I haven’t had the problem with the router rejecting new wifi connections like it used to.  That is probably the best thing about the whole project.  I was thoroughly annoyed about having to go and restart the router every other day or so when it decided to stop letting wifi devices connect.

Lastly, I think that Netgear wants you to mod your router.  Seriously.  Check out the cool tabs they put on the rubber feet so they can be reattached after you take out the screws.  Companies that don’t want you to mod their stuff use glue, not fancy tabs Smile.

Router Fun Time 2011-07-16 029

No comments:

Post a Comment